Re: keyboard dies on login screen

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 01:59:15AM +0000, Ismael Farfán Estrada wrote:
> I'm setting up the server with skolelinux but I have a
> weird problem here: as soon as the login screen apears
> the keyboard stop working, it work during the startup
> process but and then dies.
>
> The client is a Celeron 400mhz, 32M RAM bootting via Etherboot
>
> this is my lts.conf
> #check /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/doc/ltsp-client/examples/lts.conf for a better example lts.conf file
> [Default]
...snip...
> 	SCREEN_01          = startx

this is the culprit:

tty1-tty6 (SCREEN_01-SCREEN_06) are just like on a normal debian system,
typically running gettys. trying to start an X session on top of it will
cause all sorts of troubles. see the FAQ for debian:

 http://wiki.debian.org/LTSP/FAQ

if you want to use XDMCP (that's what the startx screen script is for),
use SCREEN_07=startx, but i would recommend sticking with LDM (the
default) if you want sound and localdevice support. if performance is an
issue, i think LDM_DIRECTX=True should be supported in debian-edu etch,
lenny and sid (but not regular etch).

would be nice to work on an init system that was easier to tweak and not
have so many getty's running, but that's another story. :)

live well,
  vagrant