Re: partitions and groups

Hi,

On Saturday 18 August 2007 11:36, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> In <URL:http://wiki.skolelinux.no/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/HowTo>,
> under 'Resize Partitions'.  I wrote it.

Thanks for the pointer and the doc there :)

> As the partitions become
> large fsck time grow exponentially larger, and backup restore times
> grows linearly.

Whats the time difference when fscking three 20gb partitions compared to one
60gb partition? Backup also takes exactly the same time.

> Very large partitions will give you problems in
> emergencies.

Which?

> >> In that case, how do you have more home space? Is it by creating
> >> home1, home2, etc.? Is there any documentation for how to do that, and
> >> how to get users' homes onto those different partitions?
> Yes, adding home1 ... homeN is the intended way to do it.

And then you spent *manual* time/work to (re-)assign different home
directories to different partitions?

I really fail to see the advantage, but I wouldn't be too surprised if you
could explain ;-)

regards,
	Holger