Linex roadmap

Hi all,
first of all I want to introduce myself, even if I had sent some emails
to this list, I think it's time to make a short introduction:
I am one of the developers of LinEx (the custom distribution our
regional government is doing to be use in the public administration).
I began to be in charge of the development, together with Antonio Ullán,
four years ago. For the last two years the development is split between
two regional ministries (Technology and Education) and there are some
more colleagues doing the standard LinEx distribution. Now, we continue
working in the whole development of LinEx, but our main responsibilities
are focused to the educational flavour of the distro and the setup of
the primary and secondary schools. We are in charge of the distro itself
(educative applications, out of the box setups, etc.) and the
configuration of the servers, and needed infrastructure for more than
80.000 computers that are being used everyday.

Up to now we have being doing our distro based on Debian but not using
Debian infrastructure nor installer (currently we are using Anaconda for
Debian as the installer). We would like to focus much more in the
educational tools and applications, and use the advantages of the Debian
infrastructure for the rest of the work. We think we can help to
DebianEdu and receive a lot of things from DebianEdu.

So, in short:
- I've created http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/LinEx2DebianEdu-Roadmap
to begin to work on it. It's only part of the skeleton, but It's a
starting point. Any suggestion and help is welcome.

- I would like to begin to help to Debian Edu, but as I'm a newbie in
this list, I don't know how to do it. I'm a Debian Developper and can
help sponsoring or packaging applications. Maybe it could be a starting
point...

- We're going to begin to package for Debian some of the educative apps
we have in LinEx repositories. Do you have any specific rules for
DebianEdu before doing that?

- We don't plan to upgrade our schools computers before Summer 2008, so
I think we have time to fulfil our desires, but it's time to begin to
walk.

That's all by now, thanks for your patient reading this long email. I'm
sure this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

José L.