using ldap as backend for dns and dhcp

It has been a goal to use ldap for as much as possible in debian-edu,
And when we created lwat, we started to prepare to build dhcpd.conf and
some config files for bind using ldap.
The goal was to have a cronjob checking for changes, and if anything
new, build new config-files for dhcp and bind, then restart them.

The other day itais and sep (and maybe others) was discussing (on irc)
if it was possible to setup dnsmasq to lookup dns/dhcp information from
the ldapserver directly. If I understood "itais", he already had this
working, but I cant find any pointer on how to do it. Not sure if I
understood him correctly, but if there are any pointers to related
documentation, then I would be glad to see it.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/