Cdd-dev switch done (Was: creation of branches in svn)

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

[Andreas Tille]
Do you think this is the right moment for committing the cdd-dev
stuff to trunk?

Yes.  I believe it is unlikely that we will upload a new version of
debian-edu for r2, and the generated package lists are as far as I
know, identical with and without the cdd-dev stuff.

As promised I just checked in the cdd-dev change.  Please note that
I explicitely ask you to join the cdd-dev package uploaders (Petter
is just a member - I guess Cosima Alfarano is MIA on this package).
The SVN repository is

    http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/cdd/trunk/cdd/

.... I'm waiting for your fixes / enhancements in case something
works different from your expectations.

What will be the future roadmap of CDD tools?

  1. I'm currently working on enhancing the Debian menu system
     support for CDD.  Currently we have user menus that do not
     scale for larger installations.  I try to enhance this by
     using desktop-profiles as it is used by Debian Edu for
     freedesktop.org menus.
  2. Supporting freedesktop.org menus with the same goal in
     mind as I had for menus: Use as much as possible from the
     stuff that is provided by the official package - change
     only if necessary.
  3. Web tools based on tasks packages from SVN:
     a) DDTP information (see
          http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/ddtp.php )
     b) Bugs overview (see
          http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/bugs.php )
     c) Dynamic replacement of the packages that are in
        the dependency list of our tasks packages.  Currently
        we have a static list on the Debian-Med home page that
        is permanently out of date because of the recent packaging
        activities.  We want to generate te list of our packages
        out of the Dependency list and also will add some todo
        list of our prospective packages.  Optimistic estimations
        say that that a prototype will be ready in the beginning
        of next year.

Regarding the web tools that were developed by David Paleino we plan to
make them available for all CDDs and will do a real announcement.  I just
wanted to make you aware that there is something happening that might
be interesting for you.

Have a nice Christmas

          Andreas.

--