Re: why lenny-test and not sid (Re: dak archive system down)

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:17:43 pm Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 14 December 2007 12:00, Steffen Joeris wrote:
> > So you suggest only changing the name?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Are there any technical changes,
> > like packages get build in a sid chroot
>
> As far as I'm concerned, packages should always be build in a sid chroot
> with pbuilder. In Debian, and in Debian Edu.
Aeh so far, we have always build our edu etch packages against etch.

> > or sid d-i is used?
>
> I think we should build lenny images, with packages from Debian Edu lenny
> and from Debian lenny and we should build sid images, with packages from
> Debian Edu sid and from Debian sid.
I thought we want to test lenny to see if lenny is ready. Maintainers use sid
not only to release their software, especially at the end of a release cycle,
they'll most like use sid for lenny+1 development.

> > Is the sync
> > process still the same (asking the ftpmasters)?
>
> Whoo? You're the one knowing dak better than me :-)
>
> Yes, it's the same. We can move packages from (our) sid to (our) lenny,
> just as we can move packages from (our) etch-test to (our) etch. As we can
> remove packages from our sid or lenny anytime.
Just wanted to know, if you are suggesting a testing migration ;)

Cheers
Steffen