Re: Are we ready to release 3.0r1?

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> Looking at the current state of affair, I believe we are almost ready
> to release version 3.0r1.  Any objections?

I've seen no objections, so we move on.

> To make the release, the following need to happen.
>
>  - upload a version of debian-edu-install with the 3.0r1 version
>    string in it.
>
>  - push the packages that should go into r1 from etch-test to etch
>    (probably debian-edu-install, debian-edu-doc and 915resolution).

These are done.

>  - copy the resulting images into the skolelinu-cd/ directory
>
>  * MAKE PR MATERIAL, as in press release and announcement text.

This is not done yet.  Some work is done on the PR material, but it is
not quite yet complete.

Also, the documentation could still need more work, both to document a
few of the items requested in bugzilla, but also to fix the FIXMEs in
the wiki.  See <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Etch> for
a link to the bugs and the documentaiton.

The changes since 3.0r0 should be listed in
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/ReleaseNotes, and this list can
then be condenced into the press release and the release manual on
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/PressReleases/PressRelease_DebianEdu-3.0r1_Terra>
and
<URL:http://wiki.skolelinux.no/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/Features>.

> In short, I believe we are ready to release r1, but need help with
> the PR material.

I still do.  Please help and get it ready.

Also, we need someone to test the images.  The images to test are the
ones available in cd-etch, cd-etch-dvd, cd-etch-amd64 and
cd-etch-powerpc using rsync.

  % rsync ftp.skolelinux.org::|grep -v test|grep cd-
  cd-etch         Autobuilt cd-images of Skolelinux Etch/i386 version
  cd-etch-amd64   Autobuilt cd-images of Skolelinux Etch/amd64 version
  cd-etch-powerpc Autobuilt cd-images of Skolelinux Etch/powerpc version
  cd-etch-live    Autobuilt live cd image of Skolelinux Etch version
  %

Happy hacking,