Re: Problems mounting ext3,xfs partitions on konqueror

Hi

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 11:31:09AM +0100, Valerio Pachera wrote:
> When I insert a drive (pendrive or usbdisk) its partitoins are
> automatically mounted without asking anything.
> (honestly I don't like this but is not that the point).

It should show an popup before actually mounting it, where it asks what
to do with the new device.

> There's a problem mounting filesystems other than vfat and ntfs using konqueror.
> For example,if I click on the icon of hda4 (ext3 ), I obtain a
> popup message in kde:
> ---
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda4, missing
> codepage or other error In some cases useful info is found in syslog -
> try dmesg | tail or so
> ---
> and in dmegs
> EXT3-fs: Unrecognized mount option "umask=007" or missing value

USB mass storage should not show up as hda* as it normally uses the scsi
layer. Or is that an other problem?

Anyway, we have modified the hal package to mount devices with umask=007
to restrict remote users from accessing file systems mounted on a
terminal server. This might be the problem here, will check that later.

> When I insert my external harddisk, all the partition try to get
> mounted: one konqueror window for each partition is opened but only
> the ntfs partiton get mounted. No popup messages in this case but the
> same message in dmesg, also with xfs partition:
> XFS: unknown mount option [umask]
>
> It seems the umask option is given for all kind of filesystems causing
> error while mounting them.
> Manual mount works perfectly.
>
> 'm using terra 3.0 and I got this problem after I update all what
> possible to update with synaptic.

Thanks for reporting that, can you open a bug at bugs.skolelinux.org, so
we can track that, please?

Greetings