Small report from the meeting in Extremadura

Hi,

for those who don't read planet.debian.org:

blogging (1-133) life; title=Small report from the meeting in Extremadura

  * The last five days I've spent at the combined Debian Edu, FAI and CDD
    meeting in [1 Mérida] in Extremadura, together with 17 others. The Debian
    Edu / Skolelinux crowd was the biggest, followed by FAI, followed by CDD
    people, though many were part of more than one project. "As usual" it was
    great to meet many known faces and some unknown ones and to be able to
    discuss stuff in [2 RL].

  * Besides various small different things, I worked on the Debian Edu etch r1
    release, our lenny roadmap (see the bottom of our [3 roadmap page] which
    also covers etch r1) and the (technical side of the) german translation of
    the [4 Debian Edu documentation]. Non edu related the new [5
    setupharddisk2] for FAI took most of my brain activity. And I've signed
    all keys allready :-)

  * We stayed at a very nice hotel in the even much nicer city of Merida,
    which features a lot of roman ruins and history. For example, we walked
    over the biggest roman bridge in the world! The only thing that was bigger
    was the amount of good food we were forced to eat every day... Incredible.
    This was my second visit to Merida and this time I finally managed to
    visit the amphitheatre (with seats for 15000 people) and the Roman
    theatre. (Unfortunatly the english page about [6 Emerita Augusta] is a
    stub.) If you happen to come around that area make sure to spend some time
    sight seeing, it is really worth it! People living in Merida literally
    fear to rebuild their houses, because as soon as they start to dig, they
    find something historical and have to turn their property into a museum
    :-)

  * In case you have not seen it yet, you should watch this small movie
    from euro news about the [7 free software efforts in Extremadura].
    Insightful and very good promotion, also to show around.

  * Many thanks to César, José Luis and the Junta de Extremdura for hosting
    such a great meeting! You rock!

  * On a unrelated note, spam has gone crazy yesterday while traveling back,
    15000 mails were not catched by my so far well working setup. ARG. I still
    used to have a catchall setting, which was useful to give out addresses
    like $company@mydomain, but now I will explicitly list those addresses and
    disable catchall. And luckily for you I will not blog about every spam
    mail I got... :) Generally I dont consider spam (the source of) evil, it's
    money: as long as money rules the world, there will be spam. So since it's
    a social problem, it is hardly solvable by technology. (That is, as long
    as you want to receive mails from strangers, which I do.) IMO what's worse
    than spammers are autoresponders to spam. Most of those 15000 mails were
    auto-replies to spam. OMFSM.

  [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mérida,_Spain
  [2] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Extremadura2007/Schedule
  [3] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/roadmap