Re: Problems with Netinstall (Workstation)
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:37:36 +0200, RalfGesellensetter <email@example.com> wrote:
in the beginning, I must say, that Skolelinux 3.0 is just great - and I
am using it with joy on quite a few machines, now.
As I mentioned recently on IRC, recently there are increased cases of
non-working installations from Netinstall CD (i386).
Today, I had 10 minutes to check the result with the IT technician at
- it was good ole hardware (celeron 400, IDE hard disc etc.)
- the CD was tested successfully, also from within this machine
- installation runs through - but when fetching additional packages
from repository, some special version of libc6 (drawn in by tasksel)
cannot completely be installed (process breaks, I read something of
a broken tar archive, I think).
Alas, there was no time to save and upload any logfiles, but as this
kind of failure didn't occur until 1 or 2 weeks ago, I want to ask
- if this behaviour is familiar to anybody else
- any changes within mirror servers/repositories (updates) could
have led to such effects?
I have had problems with netinstall several times, usually it says wrong
md5sum. The strange thing is that I used a cd to install from yesterday,
today I took the cd out of the first server, and put it in to another, and
yesterday everything works fine, today it fails... The first attempt
failed when trying to install the kernel - wrong md5. Restart: base
installation ok. Then it fails with wrong md5 sum when building ltsp