Problems with Netinstall (Workstation)
in the beginning, I must say, that Skolelinux 3.0 is just great - and I
am using it with joy on quite a few machines, now.
As I mentioned recently on IRC, recently there are increased cases of
non-working installations from Netinstall CD (i386).
Today, I had 10 minutes to check the result with the IT technician at
- it was good ole hardware (celeron 400, IDE hard disc etc.)
- the CD was tested successfully, also from within this machine
- installation runs through - but when fetching additional packages
from repository, some special version of libc6 (drawn in by tasksel)
cannot completely be installed (process breaks, I read something of
a broken tar archive, I think).
Alas, there was no time to save and upload any logfiles, but as this
kind of failure didn't occur until 1 or 2 weeks ago, I want to ask
- if this behaviour is familiar to anybody else
- any changes within mirror servers/repositories (updates) could
have led to such effects?