Re: Ltsp Diskless Workstation (Low Fat Client)-questions

Mandag 15 oktober 2007 15:15, skrev Valerio Pachera:
> 2007/10/6, Valerio Pachera <sirio81@gmail.com>:
> > I notice one problem in the DW (diskless workstation) procedure:
> > once added the machines to lwat, I was not capable to login in the
> > DW.
> > For login, or better, for make lwat changes be effective, I had to
> > reboot the server.
>
> Is it normal?

No, that is not normal. Never happend to me.
But for the record, you don't "add" anything to lwat, you "use" lwat to
add things into openldap, you could use something else than lwat, the
commandline or pgpldapadmin.

But, there is another thing to remember, nscd needs time to update
itself with new stuff that lands in openldap, you either wait for that
to automatically happen, or you can restart nscd, no need to reboot the
server.

--
Klaus Ade
Mobil:93869567