Re: Ltsp Diskless Workstation (Low Fat Client)-questions
- To: "lista debian-edu progetto" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Ltsp Diskless Workstation (Low Fat Client)-questions
- From: "Valerio Pachera" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 18:17:06 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <46DB7070.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <op.tx4sjiosm42vcm@datamaskinen> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <46F36178.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <46F7AEFC.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Hi all, I found that the server was slow for a kernel bug causing
problem with the acpi on my laptop.
I reinstalled debian-edu,
installed all the update,
recompile the latest kernel to fix the acpi bug,
lunched the diskless workstation (DW) script.
I notice one problem in the DW procedure: once added the machines to
lwat, I was not capable to login in the DW.
For login, or better, for make lwat changes be effective, I had to reboot.
I'm sure of that because after insert the machines in lwat I let on
the server all night and in the morning I was still not able to login.
I rebooted and than the DW was working fine.