Re: icons

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:49:04 pm nigel barker wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> Where are those desktop icons coming from? (kstars, OOowriter, etc) I
> have tried deleting them, but they keep coming back. That's really
> annoying when I'm trying to achieve a minimalistic desktop with only a
> couple of icons. It reminds me of windows, where every program thinks
> its so important it needs a desktop icon and one in the system tray.
>
> Also big kids don't want gcompris, and little kids don't want kalzium.
They are forced by the kiosk profile.
Have a look at /usr/share/debian-edu/students/share/apps/kdesktop/Desktop/*
There are all the ones, which should be shown on the desktop. You can also try
using the kiosktool to manipulate it, but this is not tested in practise.
Removing the user from the students group would also help, or
editing /etc/kde-user-profile and/or /etc/kderc accordingly.

Cheers
Steffen