Re: partitions and groups

Hi,

On Wednesday 15 August 2007 05:06, nigel barker wrote:
> On the howto wiki, there is a recommendation to not have partitions over
> 20G.

Huh?! Where is that written exactly?

> In that case, how do you have more home space? Is it by creating
> home1, home2, etc.? Is there any documentation for how to do that, and
> how to get users' homes onto those different partitions?

I _guess_ it could be ment to use the autoresizing feature which is described
in http://wiki.skolelinux.no/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/HowTo - when you
use it, the partitions automatically grow bigger (if there is space to grow).

> Sorry to have so many annoying questions.

That's perfectly fine and welcome, as it points out, where we need to improve
the documentation. Also sorry for not being able to comment on your two other
questions :-)

regards,
	Holger