Re: GeoSoftware on LTSP: Marble and GoogleEarth

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 07:31:28 pm Patrick Winnertz wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 7. August 2007 23:59:29 schrieb RalfGesellensetter:
> > Dear list,
> >
> > this refers to a Sarge LTSP.
> >
> > After testing Marble 0.4 on my local Debain installation, I would love
> > to have it on my Sarge LTSP; but even the outdated 0.3-1 version in
> > Debian unstable does not compile there. Any directions to backports?
>
> I know the marble upstream author very well (works in my company). marble
> is written with qt4 and won't compile on sarge since sarge uses qt3.
You could try the qt4 backports from backports.org, though afaik they have
some issues. If you want to help bringing the new marble version into Debian
(where I am the maintainer), then you might want to check out, if the debian
rc bug[0] is fixed.

Cheers
Steffen

[0]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=417569