Some download and installation stats

I just checked the http log file with 6428 downloads of images from
ftp.skolelinux.no, and is happy to report the relative popularity of
the different images:

  image name                                        percent
  debian-edu-etch-source-DVD-3.0r0.iso               0.124456
  debian-edu-etch-powerpc-netinst-3.0r0.iso          0.0622278
  debian-edu-etch-i386-netinst-3.0r0.iso             2.14686
  debian-edu-etch-amd64-i386-powerpc-DVD-3.0r0.iso  97.6665

Using these numbers I guess we can use the number of netinst installs
to guestimate the number of total Debian Edu test installs.  The top
day so far saw 48 netinstalls, and if that represent 2.2% of the test
installations, we have around 2150 installs in total the first day of
the release.  Today have seen 14 netinst installs so far, and if that
is 2.2% of the total, we have had around 630 installations in total.

Do I believe these numbers for installations are accurate?  Not at
all.  But I suspect they give some idea of the amount of installations
of Debian Edu 3.0r0 being done around the work.

Happy hacking,