Re: [Debian Wiki] Update of "DebianEdu/HowTo/LtspLowFatWorkstation" by KnutYrvin

Torsdag 19. juli 2007, skrev Holger Levsen:
> So what? I suggest to rename "tjener" to "blueserver" now. "Server" is
> much better understood and "blue" means "serious" ;-) Should I?

My change was actually a response to your e-mail where you suggested to
follow this through, after doing a minor change in the press release
conserning the 3.0 release. You sugested to update the documentation.

So to be fear, I'm a bit confused since my respons of changing file name was
after you recomended me to update the LtspDiskless-page.

Your reaction is on filenaming, and you use deployment argument where a
referecne is used in a package. Then you should be clear about that, and
keep the diskussion on that level. I don't think it's productive to scale
things out of proportions.

Since im not renaming the tjener to bluserver, or making changes to package
names, I can't see why your argument apply. And "tjener" is actually a
Norwegian lable on "server".  Here are two arguments for using the term
LowFat, but I don't know if a renaming of a filename in a wiki-page is
needed:

My experience when talking to hundreds of managers running "centralised"
computer installation with hundreds and thousends of installation, is that
using good names on solutions. Good naming helps when motivating this
manager or head of schools to choose Skolelinux ahead of other solutions.

It's also a case where Intel says that they most likely got no interest in
selling thin client hardware, but that LowFat is a really nice thing, since
you run every end user application locally. Maybe they or other HW
manifacturor will use some marketing or salses resources promoting LowFat
clients. And to be blunt, diskless is a really good technical term.
Promoting that something is less, is not so positiv when reading it.

Best regards

Knut Yrvin