Re: LTSP e DRBL toghether ?

[Valerio Pachera]
> Hi all, I was wondering if the service DRBL
> (http://drbl.sourceforge.net/) and LTSP can coexist together on the
> same server and on the same web.  They work in a similar way with a
> different scope: LTSP use the server power calculation, DRBL use the
> client power calculation.  LTSP is perfect to use with old computer
> but it will be a waste on a powerfull client vieceversa DRBL is
> perfect to take advantage of the clent calculation power without.

Hi.  This sounds very much like what we call Diskless Workstation.  We
have a script to convert a normal LTSP installation to one where every
machine PXE-booting on the 10.0.2.0 network will boto as a diskless
workstation, and every machine PXE-booting from the 192.168.0.0
network will boot as a thin client.

Does this solve the same problem?

Check out
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/LtspDisklessWorkstation>
for the details.  There are a few bugs in the current setup, but we
are working to have it fixed before we release.

Happy hacking,