Re: debian-edu release

Hi,

taking this to the list, as previously discussed.

On Saturday 30 June 2007 16:05, Steffen Joeris wrote:
> > Right. But the CD/DVD is not all thats needed. Are the press releases
> > prepared?
> Afaik there is some text.
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/PressReleases/PressRelease_DebianEdu-3.0_T
>erra

Which lacks some content, see the <fixme>s on it.

Also I think we might want to have this press release translated, too.

And I think a meeting is good to discuss, what else is needed and who will
work on it.

> Nah I did not plan to release tomorrow, just to bring the things forward.
> Sometimes the final preparations are the hardest ones as the people never
> know, when it is the right time.

I think this is exactly why it's a bad idea to prepare the release as
a "surprise" like you intended:

> > any reason to not (re)send this to debian-edu@l.d.o?
> These are the main people contributing and the release should be a small
> surprise yes :)

:-)

I don't think its a good idea to surprise other contributors, as the input
from the "border contributors" is also very valuable (and because I dont want
to put people in border contributors and main contributors (cabal)).

regards,
	Holger