Re: unencrypted LDM sessions

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 07:22:29PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Vagrant]
> > i know folks are hankering to release and all, but here's a feature for
> > LTSP i think might be worth considering...
>
> I agree it is a good feature to have.  But I believe the patch is
> incomplete, as the X server need to be started in a way that make it
> listen on the TCP socket.  It is not the default in Debian.

> Is there a patch for that feature too?

well, during debconf7, i tested the 5.0.8debian2 packages which include
this patch, and it worked fine. i don't think any of the other patches
in that version did anything to enable the TCP socket. so, i believe the
patch is complete.

i will attempt to test it in the next couple days- i actually have
access to real hardware at the moment.

> If you have time to fix this quickly, I am positive to have it
> included in the Etch release.

excellent :)

live well,
  vagrant