Re: skolelinux.no website layout broken?

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 09:31 +0100, James Herrington wrote:
> Hi,

Hello James :)

> Does anyone know who is now in charge of the website administration? I
> will take a look at the site as soon as I can but at the moment i don't
> have access. Also the Choose Language Page causes ten validation errors
> which will also need to be fixed.

That would be me! You can have all the access you need, just bug me
about what it would be.

> This is just my opinion but would it not be a better idea to have a link
> to information about the new SkoleLinux 3.0 as opposed to a download of
> the beta because some users could download it accidently meaning they
> would be running an insecure and unstable version.

The beta download is just that - a beta download. We put the download
link in place during our developer gathering two weeks ago to make sure
we had some kind of "publicity stunt" ready to rock when the new distro
are ready. Thus we (OleA to be correct) made the fancy button to spread
all over :)

> I'm not sure when the release for 3.0 is but would there still be time
> to get together a kind of 'marketing campaign' to inform and persuade
> potential users? I was thinking along the lines of maybe a couple of PDF
> brochures expalining the features, key software and other relevant
> information. If anyone thinks this could be useful please let me know
> because i would need some content for all of these things as at the
> moment i know very little about SkoleLinux, however i would be willing
> to do the majority of the graphic design work if no one else wants to.

I'd be more than happy to pitch in on a marketing campaign train for the
new 3.0 release. Do you have something special in mind for the graphics?

PS: the web-team have a separate list: www-int@skolelinux.no, we could
take web-specific things there not to derail the use of this list and CC
it when needed.

--
(o_   / With regards,
//\-X   Elected leader, FRISK (Skolelinux norway) <www.skolelinux.no>