Re: new category for menu specs of freedesktop

El lun, 28-05-2007 a las 19:14 +0000, Ejercicios Resueltos (Grupo CPD)
escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> we can begin with one and then open a more general discussion about this.
>
> One of mEDUXa's disscussions about this was that categories are based on areas
> of knowledge but for edu distros there is a higher level division.
>
> 1.- Desktop for kids (elementary or primary schools)
> 2.-  Desktops for secondary schools or high schools
> 3.- Colleges distros (colleges desktops)
> 4.- Professional education desktops
> 5.- Desktops for special education
>
> each desktop has associated apps organised in categories on the menu. These
> profiles sometimes live on the same machine, since it runs one or another one
> depending on the group associated to the user.
>
> So the Education category can have a sublevel (other categories) for all or
> some of these options. For example:
>
> Klettres can be Education;ElementaryEducation;Languages
> kverbos can be Education;HighSchoolEducation;Languages
>
> these categorysation is more accurate to the configurations we have to make
> associated with profiles intead of divide apps onlyby areas of knowledge
>
> Bye

I'm not very sure about that. In fact, Kverbos and Klettres are for
Education and Languages. Being used in a secondary or a primary school
will depend on the metapackages you use to install it. So, I prefer to
have a secondary-education metapackage and install Kverbos , but if a
teacher desires to install klettres too (maybe for pupils with special
needs), it will appear in the same menu branch. I don't see the need to
split into so many sublevels, except for very young kids (under 5 years
old), where you find applications as pysycache to learn how to use the
mouse or learning reading and writing that are not very good under a
specific subject.