please help (27 bugs need confirmation) Re: priorities for bugzilla

Moin,

as I needed for a machine anyway, I went ahead and reorganized the bugs as
suggested. (I wonder why I have not received mails from bugzilla so far.)

On Thursday 03 May 2007 16:35, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I intend to classify and categorize all 60 open bugs in our bugzilla using
> the following metrics:
>
> My proposal for priorities:
>
> p1 = we cannot release without that fixed
> p2 = we will not release without that fixed
> p3 = we want to fix that before release, but maybe we will not manage
> p4 = we will not fix this for etch, but for lenny
> p5 = we will fix this someday
>
> My proposal for severities is to use those from bugzilla: :-)
>
> Blocker:     Blocks development and/or testing work
> Critical:    crashes, loss of data, severe memory leak
> Major:       major loss of function
> Normal:      loss of function
> Minor:       minor loss of function, or other problem with an easy
> workaround Trivial:     cosmetic problem like misspelled words or
> misaligned text Enhancement: Request for enhancement
>
> Comments? I plan to document this on a wikipage later.

http://bugs.skolelinux.no/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=Skolelinux&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&newqueryname=&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&order=bugs.priority,bugs.priority%2Cbugs.bug_severity%2Cbugs.priority%2Cbugs.bug_severity%2Cbugs.priority%2Cbugs.bug_id
now lists 59 bugs nicely after those priorities, followed by severities.

http://bugs.skolelinux.no/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=substring&short_desc=confirm&product=Skolelinux&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&newqueryname=&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&order=bugs.priority,bugs.priority%2Cbugs.priority%2Cbugs.priority%2Cbugs.priority%2Cbugs.bug_severity%2Cbugs.priority%2Cbugs.bug_severity%2Cbugs.priority%2Cbugs.bug_id
shows 27 bugs which need confirmation, that they are still there. This is an
ideal place to start to help! Please use a recent install with etch-test to
confirm those bugs. If you can confirm those bugs, please report that in
bugzilla (add a comment what you have done to confirm the bug and then please
change the subject of the bug). Thanks!

> Next step after this will be to make sure all bugs in the status of Etch
> wikipage are linked to their bug in bugzilla.

regards,
 	Holger