Re: bugzilla or wiki? Or: how should we handle our bugs?

Ejercicios Resueltos (Grupo CPD) schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> we faced (Fotón, one of grupo cpd companies www.grupocpd.com ) that question
> back in 2002. By that time we used perl as our major development language.
> Wiki was a risk but we loved it. We collaborated in twiki development with
> patches and stuff. During that year we came with an idea, what about
> integrate somehow twiki + RT?
>
> We did it in 2003. RT did not index its content so we use it only for
> notifications and keep the state of a bug. So in twiki, by adding some tags
> to a content and with certain sintax, you generate automatically a ticket in
> RT. You can see and change the state of the bug and some info from RT in
> twiki.
>
> It is not a goodlooking solution (for geeks only) but it is 2007 and we
> haven't found a better tool to do so. Now we have abandoned perl (we only
> maintain products made in perl) and we are thinking about how can we make the
> next step....
>
> Maybe one of these days we find the way, the time and the money to do it.
> Until then, the only tool we have found that like us a little bit is trac. It
> has it all integrated and is python made. It is the internal tool we have
> used for mEDUXa project.
>
> We prefer though integrate a wiki and a bugtracker somehow.
Thanks for your comment :)

We (finnarne, h01ger, pere, sepski and I ) discussed this issue a bit on
the channel and here are some alternativs for using bugzilla:

 - trac:
   Trac contains an wiki, an source code browser, an ticket system and
much more. For details have a look on the trac site:
http://trac.edgewall.org/

 - RT:
   An Request Tracker for bugs, etc. ... Seems to work quite the same as
bugzilla do: http://www.bestpractical.com/rt

 - bugzilla:
   Have a look on our actual bug tracking system for an example ;-)

I do not list the wiki here since I don't think a pure wiki is a good
choice. If anybody else have another opinion please feel free to add it
and explain why.

Greetings
Patrick

--