Re: New Debian-Edu/Skolelinux test DVD image 3 (test03)

[Ralf Gesellensetter]
> At this size, I assume there are all language packages on the DVD now?

Well, I do not believe it is safe to assume anything is on the DVD
before it is verified to be true.  :)

Also, note that there are a lot of packages on the DVD that is not
installed by default.  The packages listed in our task files fill up
approximately 2 GiB on the DVD.  The rest are filled with popular
debian packages as reported by popcon.debian.org.

> What are the further plans for those who lack any access to DVD
> drives?  Our school has contacts to a partner school in Africa that
> has old PCs to be used as TC. At the moment I'd rather stick to 2.0
> "Venus" - but I'd feel more comfortable if I could provide some Etch
> based solution.

I'm not aware of anyone working on the CD install at the moment.
Unless someone start working on them, I suspect they will not be very
useful.  I've done some adjustments to the tasks to make sure the
translations are only included on the DVD and not on the CD to make
sure the user applications are included on the CD, but as long as
neither multi-CD install nor network install works the debian-edu
profiles installed from CD will be very limited.

Friendly,