Re: Q: Diskless Workstations (Sarge)

Hello Ralf,

On Monday 26 February 2007 16:22, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> Am Sonntag 25 Februar 2007 21:08 schrieb Ronny Aasen:
> > Another nice alternative is a pxelinux boot meny, with
> > 1: boot linux (diskless workstation)
> > 2: boot windows (local harddrive)
>
> Can I set up such menu from server side??? How then? ;)
What do you think about RTFM? :-) (pxelinux.cfg)

timeout 200
default i-demohost
display mdt.msg
prompt 1
F1 mdt.msg
F2 help.msg
F3 F3.msg
F4 F4.msg
F5 F5.msg
F9 F9.msg

label local
LOCALBOOT 0

label i-fai
kernel fai/vmlinuz-install
append HOST=fai ip=dhcp devfs=nomount FAI_ACTION=install root=/dev/nfs
FAI_FLAGS=verbose,createvt FAI_LOCATION=lap:/home/asc/public/fai

label i-demohost
kernel fai/vmlinuz-install
append HOST=demohost ip=dhcp devfs=nomount FAI_ACTION=install
root=/dev/nfs FAI_FLAGS=verbose,createvt

I hope that helps. :-)

If you want a hidden Menu set timeout near 0 and try to hold shift or
CTRL(STRG) during boot.

bye Andreas