Re: Error after apt-get

On 9. feb. 2007, at 09.50, Niklas Gunnäs wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to find out what happens after I do a apt-get update,
apt-get dist-upgrade to a freshly installed Skolelinux 2 system. After
the update is complete, I try to access the internet and I get this
error message:
"unknown proxy host webcache". Seems to be something wrong with the
DNS?

I guess that named is not running. This is due to a long-standing bug? Please check the owner and group on /etc/bind, it should be bind:bind

tjener:~# ls -l /etc/bind/rndc.key
-rw-r-----  1 bind bind 77 2006-12-27 19:25 /etc/bind/rndc.key

Edit /etc/default/bind9 to contain the following line:

OPTIONS="-u bind"

Restart the DNS-server:

/etc/init.d/bind9 restart

With kind regards,