Re: How many skolelinux-installations?

Knut Yrvin wrote:
Søndag 14 januar 2007 16:34, skrev Petter Reinholdtsen:
Would it help to make it more clear that popularity-contest reporting
is completely anonymous, and that there is no way to map individual
reports to individual machines without access to the machine itself
(where the submitter ID is stored)?

I think this could help a little. I think it should be a part of the administration guide, explaining why it's important to report anonymouly to the popularity-contest. Also a new text, explaining why schools should install the contest could help.

I've made a changed text when installing popularity-contest will inspire more people to install it:
  Installing popularity-contest gives anonymous statistics on software
  students and teachers uses with Skolelinux. The statistics are used
when selecting new software on Skolelinux, preventing removal of pupular software in future versions of the system. Please join the anonyomus popularity-contest by answering 'Yes' to the question beneath. Best regards

it's not a problem replacing the text in d-e-install, but we will loose all the translations done for the current text. Is the new wording worth the new translation work ? or are there alternative ways to reach the users with this information. ? since the new text only would appare on fresh installs. not on upgrades.

Ronny