Re: summary from the irc meeting 8/1-2007

Ronny Aasen skrev:
> 3. Postoffice setup
> Pere reported from finnarne that the postoffice setup was broken. none
> had tested this, so none could verify. A bug report would be nice. jever
> is investigating the issue.

There is at least 2 issues when it comes to mail-setup.
-Exim 3 configuration  is still used, and that makes it hard to use
 preconfigured packages like greylistd, which are really needed if you
 want to use your server as a real-world mail server.
 I'm replacing exim4 with postfix on most installations.
-courier-ldap is replaced by  courier-ldap+courier-authlib-ldap, and the
 config changed. ALso the ldap-schema used by debian-edu is some old
 homebrewed config, which i'm not sure is compatible with some of the
 other schemas. Some rewriting is needed during upgrade. dont remember
 what i rewrote though, I'll try to take som more notes on the next
 upgrade, or if I get the time, compare with the files from the backup.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/