Re: QLogic Support

Thanks Trond. I also have a MSA1500 laying around, so maybe I'll give that a try with an FC4 install.

Incidentally, I've discovered that the qla2200 is detected and maintains a fibre connection without faults under Ubuntu. I haven't yet attempted to build and bind any volumes with it yet, but I'll let you know how this install turns out.

I'm also going to give the Ubuntu qla2200.ko driver a try in Skole sarge and etch and see what happens.

Best Regards,

Mark

On 11/11/06, Trond Mæhlum <trond@maehlum.net> wrote:
Mark Trimble skrev:
> I would like to get a SAN running under Skolelinux using a QLogic
> qla2200 HBA, but have been unable to find the Debian qla2200.ko driver.
> I was under the impression that the qla2200 was supported within etch.
> Would anyone happen to know if/how the qla2200 can be made to work?

We tried using Skolelinux connected to SAN, it was HP-MSA1500. We could
never get qlogic to work so we tried an Emulex card instead. The results
were miserable.

The filesystem got corrupted all the time. We had /skole/tjener/home0 on
SAN and it got remounted read-only several times a week.

We dropped it, connected the SAN to a RHEL4 server and set that up as
"homes" in DNS. It supports qlogic and is also supported by HP. Things
work perfectly now.

If you _do_ get qlogic and Debian to behave I would like to hear about it.

Best Regards
Trond Maehlum

--
The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease
2. Chuck Norris 3. Cancer