Re: QLogic Support

Mark Trimble skrev:
I would like to get a SAN running under Skolelinux using a QLogic qla2200 HBA, but have been unable to find the Debian qla2200.ko driver. I was under the impression that the qla2200 was supported within etch. Would anyone happen to know if/how the qla2200 can be made to work?

We tried using Skolelinux connected to SAN, it was HP-MSA1500. We could never get qlogic to work so we tried an Emulex card instead. The results were miserable.

The filesystem got corrupted all the time. We had /skole/tjener/home0 on SAN and it got remounted read-only several times a week.

We dropped it, connected the SAN to a RHEL4 server and set that up as "homes" in DNS. It supports qlogic and is also supported by HP. Things work perfectly now.

If you _do_ get qlogic and Debian to behave I would like to hear about it.

Best Regards
Trond Maehlum

Regards,

Mark

--
The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Chuck Norris 3. Cancer