Re: Fwd: Re: Administration tools

Am Montag, 19. Juni 2006 13:14 schrieb Nicolas Pettiaux:
> 2006/6/19, Christian Külker <christian.kuelker@cipworx.org>:

> > CipUX 3.x do not install a Skolelinux LDAP tree by its own. But I can
> > change that (for Ubuntu).
>
> I think this would be very good: that the Cipux package requires the
> needed package it depend on, install and configure the missing ones,
> expecially the ldap server, configuring it with the adequate schemas.

Just a thought, it may even be cool thing for edubutu and others to
use/customize the package debian-edu-install. If I am correct it not only
installs the ldap, if wished you may also get a nice networking scheeme,
server/thinclientserver/workstation/standalone machine profiles etc from it.

> Edubuntu / Abuledu / Debian-edu now all depend on debian, some
> directely (debian-edu aka skolelinux, and abuledu-pro), some through
> "ubuntu-nisation" (edubuntu). It would be good if there would be some
> common documentation and adminsitration tools, and Cipux can be one of
> them.

Ablolutely, and since several customization tools are also available in debian
I guess same goes for them.

A common place to discuss the different tools is probably
debian-custom@lists.debian.org

http://wiki.debian.org/CustomDebian

Regards,
Christian