new archive is already available

Hi

The archive transition is more or less over.
For now all the sarge packages are copied to the new archive, where also the
new development will take place.
For now you can reach the "local" archive via
http://ftpnew.skolelinux.org/skolelinux/

You can also use it with apt-get by adding the these lines into
your /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ftpnew.skolelinux.org/skolelinux sarge local
or
deb ftp://ftpnew.skolelinux.org/skolelinux sarge local

You can also reach the developer pool with adding a -test to sarge.
This would look like:

deb http://ftpnew.skolelinux.org/skolelinux sarge-test local
or
deb ftp://ftpnew.skolelinux.org/skolelinux sarge-test local

After we finished setting up CD building and some other services we will move
ftpnew.skolelinux.org to ftp.skolelinux.org so your current entries won't
become obsolete, but if you are interested in doing some testing you are
welcome to test the settings above.

If you detect any problems you can feel free to write a bug into bugzilla
against the new component: "archive system"

This component is the official way to report problems with the archive.
Either users or developers can use it, for instance if users have problems
getting an integrated package from this archive or if a developer has a
problem with uploading something.
You can find the bugzilla under:
http://bugs.skolelinux.no/

For some more information/documentation about archive system please have a
look at:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2006/03/msg00128.html

Greetings
Steffen

P.S. We are currently not sure about woody as the woody security support will
be dropped within a few weeks.