localdev/ltspfs (was Re: sound on DebianEdu 3.0)

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 12:37:48PM +0100, Trond M?hlum wrote:
> I have also installed Vagrant's ltsp-localdev packages as posted here
> some days ago. When I insert a usb-stick, nothing happes. Something
> must be very wrong here...

i neglected to mention two things for localdev/ltspfs:

the fuse module must be loaded on the server:

modprobe fuse

(and added to /etc/modules, or some other way to ensure it's loaded at
boot)

users who need access to local devices need to be added to the fuse
group. i don't know if "adduser USER fuse" is the right way to add users
to groups in skolelinux, if it is not, someone please correct me. :)

i have no idea if it works with KDE at all...

live well,
  vagrant