cfengine run during installation

Hi

In the past we started our cfengine run with the base-config
(76debian-edu-config). Now it is gone and we have to put it somewhere at the
first (and only) step of the installation process.
What can we do and where can we put that one?
At the end of the installation (shortly before the reboot starts) you can't
run cfengine-debian-edu, because it can't detect the interfaces :(
Anybody here with a suggestion? I would trigger it to run at the first time
after the reboot, Petter suggested to run it via prebaseconf, but I don't
exactly know what he means. Please can someone jump in and give a
solution/advice or better fix it?

Greetings
Steffen