Re: shared directory

nigel barker wrote:
> To facilitate migration from my current network to skolelinux, I want to
> create a shared directory where all students have access.
>
> I created a directory in /home on tjener (ie same level as home0) and made
> a samba share for it. The share shows up fine on windows workstations, but
> how do I get from a linux terminal client? I tried to create a NFS export,
>  but it doesn't appear in skole/tjener

You need to add an automount definition to ldap, if you want to hav it
mounted under /skole on the clients.

run this command to get a hint on how it should look like
 ldapsearch -xLLL cn=home0

I guess this command would help you (given that you are trying to share
out /skole/tjener/shared):
================================
cat << EOF | ldapadd -xWZD \
   cn=admin,ou=People,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
dn: cn=shared,ou=skole,ou=Automount,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
objectClass: top
objectClass: automount
cn: shared
automountInformation: -rw,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,intr,soft
 tjener:/skole/tjener/shared
EOF

The line that starts with automountInformation actually ends with
tjener:/skole/tjener/shared, but I think ldapadd would understand it the
way it looks now.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/