Re: shared directory

nigel barker schrieb:
To facilitate migration from my current network to skolelinux, I want to
create a shared directory where all students have access.

I created a directory in /home on tjener (ie same level as home0) and made
a samba share for it. The share shows up fine on windows workstations, but
how do I get from a linux terminal client? I tried to create a NFS export,
 but it doesn't appear in skole/tjener

thank you

Hi Nigel!

How does your /etc/exports look like?
Where did you try to mount it to?

I have a directory /groups exported with the same parameters as /skole/home0 (skole sarge pre05) and mount the nfs-export on a directory /groups on every client. This way i can do links to /groups and always end up on the directory on tjener.

Btw.: /home would not be that nice in my configuration, because of the notebooks using it when they are not in the net ;-)

readU
Frank