Re: Feedback and question from Peru

Hi Finn, hola Patrice

Am Samstag 25 Februar 2006 23:38 schrieb Finn-Arne Johansen:
> install netapplet, I think it could do the job.

Thanks for the hint, its description looks nice. I also encountered
- systemconfigurator (no GUI, so not the the toor requested)
- knetworkconf:
  "This is a KDE control center module to configure TCP/IP settings.  It
  can be used to manage network devices and settings for each device.
  This package is part of KDE, as a component of the KDE administration
  module. See the 'kde' and 'kdeadmin' packages for more information.

  Alas, this is available in KDE >=3.5 only.
  http://knetworkconf.sourceforge.net/

  If you check the screenshots (which are in Spanish) you will notice
  that this approach aims to integrate the settings in kcontrol.

- knetload
  Just a kicker applet like nload.

Knoppix uses something like netcardconfig:
http://ftp3.tnc.edu.tw/b2d/netcardconfig/netcardconfig

You could also use a simple kdialog command/script, anything like

	IP=kdialog --inputbox "Enter IP address"
	ifconfig eth0 $IP

Regards
Ralf