Usage of koffice and openoffice.org (Was: Feedback and question from Peru)

[Finn-Arne Johansen]
> But we've been told to many times that many schools ar using KOffice
> rather than OOo. But seeing is beleiving, and I've only seen 1
> school out of ~40 that are using KOffice.

Well, there is no reason to guess any more.  We have numbers available
from <URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/popcon/>.  Those interested
getting us to care about the packages they use, should follow the
instructions on
<URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/dokumentasjon/debian-edu-popcon.html>
and let us know they are using them.

There are the entries from main/by_vote which I believe are relevant,
for the 61 machines currently reporting.

  234   openoffice.org                    46    21    19     0     6
  235   openoffice.org-bin                40    21    19     0     0
  236   openoffice.org-debian-files       40    21    19     0     0
  666   kspread                           11     2     8     1     0
  667   kword                             11     2     8     1     0
  809   kchart                            11     1     9     1     0
  813   kformula                          11     1     9     1     0
  814   kivio                             11     1     9     1     0
  822   kpresenter                        11     1     9     1     0

So 21/61 (34.4%) used openoffice last week, while about 2/61 (3.3%)
used some koffice package in the same period.  So 1 in 10 seem to use
koffice.

(And if you belive these numbers to be skewed in one way or another,
please particiate in our popularity-contest and make sure our
statistical base becomes better. :)