Re: .org proposal 2nd

On Friday 17 February 2006 00:37, Morten Werner Olsen wrote:
> Some of us talked a bit about this in Erkelenz and also later in the
> Norwegian community, and I believe "we" agreed that the international
> part of Skolelinux is, like I think Jonas means, the techical part or
> Debian-Edu if you like. We started a bit in Erkelenz to use the Wiki
> at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu for information and documentation
> about our techical solution. My suggestion for the international
> "portal" is to redirect all traffic which now comes to the portal at
> http://skolelinux.org/ to http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu .
>
> > (but feel free to see this final remark as manipulation if you
> > like ;-) )
>
> Don't think it was your manipulation that made me change my mind, but
> anyway.. :)
>
> I still think there are needs for local teams with local portals for
> e.g. political reasons. It is important to have local teams not only
> to support the local developers, but also to do political work and
> translating software and documentation. I'm sure there are many other
> reasons as well.
>
> But the important thing is that we stick togeter for a common goal is
> to coordinate all techical work as one international group on this
> mailinglist, the SVN repository at svn.debian.org (Alioth) and on
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu .

I also started a mail but i deleted it because here i can only completely
agree ;)
We should divide the work (at this point) into a technical and non-technical
part and I am *only* talking about the technical part.
My wish is that all developers participate in one development and discussing
and doing things together.

And for that I also agree to Patrick that it would be nice to have a central
place for blogging, working (svn), webspace (developer.skolelinux.org?),
emails and so on.

Greetings and thanks to Werner for stealing my thoughts ;)
Steffen