Re: Using skolelinux Sarge with old ISA computers: netswap_low_memory message

2006/2/10, Jim Oksvold <jimoks@bredband.no>:

> >There I use mainly old ISA computers. For some I get the message that
> >keeps repeating:
>
> I suggest that you use as a minimum old P1 166 Mhz computers.
> 64MB RAM wont hurt.

thanks for the suggestion. In fact I tried to reinstall the lab as we
installed it back in 2000 with a customed installed that later became
PLUME a predecessor, unfortunately not very well know and documented,
of LESSDISKS.

> As I remember many years back in a meeting north of Oslo it was decided
> that anything less was not useful without a lot of work.

OK

> I suggest you look for old DELL PII 266 Mhz machines with PXE boot.
> Here in Oslo you can find them in containers on the street when they clean out old offices before renovation.

I am afraid this is not the cas in Brussels.

Perhaps could you put an hand on one of thses container that we would
manage to come and get in Oslo ... and take the opportunity to meet
you and discuss.

> If you are out of luck you might have to settle for less - say any PIII 500-800 Mhz..

I'll see.

Best regards,

Nicolas

--