Re: Using skolelinux Sarge with old ISA computers: netswap_low_memory message

2006/2/10, Jim McQuillan <jam@mcquil.com>:

Jim

Thank you very much for the very prompt answer but ...

> As long as the terminal isn't locking up, I wouldn't worry about that
> message.

I don't know if I wouldn't have to say that the terminal  isn't
locking: the very same message keeps coming on the screen and filling
it up. Nothing else happens.

> It's just telling you that the swap is doing its thing.

Is there any other file that I can check to understand what happen ?

I have some (old !!) terminals with old (800x600) screens that are
apparently connected to a graphic card that can give a better
resolution. The screen is therefore not answering properly and "stop"
(or the LED starts to clignotate).

How can I  force the screen resolution ?

Another question : how can I force the keyboard configuration (I live
in Belgium and I see that by default the keyboards are fr and not
fr-be)

--
Nicolas Pettiaux - email: nicolas.pettiaux@ael.be