Re: Daily build sarge CD uses new LTSP packages

Hello,

On Monday 17 October 2005 09:54, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> The last daily build of debian-edu/sarge uses the new LTSP packages.
> Some of you might be aware that I have worked with Vagrant Cascadian
> and Matt Zimmerman to make debian and ubuntu packages of ltsp.  LTSP
> is included in the latest version of ubuntu, and also in debian/etch
> and debian/sid.  The packages work with sarge as well, and are now on
> the CD.  Please test the new version, and give us feedback.
Here some feedback.

Works out of the box for me. (PXEClient)

- Why you remove lessdisks from pxelinux.cfg/default, it is obsolete?
- Missing e1000 driver in initrd.
- Only 1024x786 60Hz resolution on the thin client.
Remark: The best automatic hardware detection for modern hardware and
the X11 screen I have seen in ubunto/kubunto. (But not in ubuntos
ltsp!)

- Boot not so fast as old ltsp with many error messages.

- I have not find the ltsp config files.
  /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf, screen.d .....

I think in this moment it is more lessdisk under the roof than ltsp? But
I like the idea of debootstrap a thin client system very much!

On the thin client I can log in after a chroot /opt/ltsp/i386 on the
server and set  a passwd.

bye Andreas