Re: Moving from 650 to 700 MiB CDs

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 03:19:35AM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On topic of this thread: do you have some useful info on wether it is
> smart or not to move to 700MB images for Debian-edu?
>
> What is the reasoning behind keeping Ubuntu ISOs at 650MB?

Our reasoning was that an extra 50MB was not worth any significant amount of
compatibility risk.  I am not aware of any 700M discs produced using the
standard aluminum manufacturing process, and this sort of thing is
impossible to test in advance due to the variety of hardware involved, so we
were conservative and stayed with 650M.

--
 - mdz