Re: offset packages

> Hi all, Steffen
>
> I'm a member of OFSET, and I think I'm not alone on this list. Could you
> be more accurate in your criticism? It might sound patronising, I would
> say.
>
> 1.- You can't say they are `french packages'. OFSET is French as Debian
> is American: a legal association has to be established somewhere.
> Although most of the members are French there are Spanish, Italian,
> Taiwanese ones... OFSET is an international association.
 You are right, sorry I always put the packages together and after having a
gathering in france and always talking about the french specifics I mixed it
up ;=)

> 2.- I have my comments myself on our repository. Local repositories can
> only be experimental, and the packages have to go all the way to
> mainstream debian. Local repositories are unmaintainable, soon becoming
> obsolete; I've seen it all the time, with all kinds of Debian
> derivatives.
>
> 3.- Well, we have the sources, haven't we? Maybe some work can be taken
> profit of, anyway.

Ok I think the best way is to work practically on this issue. Maybe I made a
mistake to talk about "all" packages.
We should do it step by step. You and the other OFSET members should make
suggestions of packages which might be ready for upload into debian.

Make a suggestion and we can discuss the package at this list, I think this is
the best way otherwise we are only discussing it generally and then we will
get no results.

Greetings
Steffen

P.S. It was no general criticism of the OFSET project, please do not get it
wrong I know that you made a very good job (the french skolelinux team told
me ;=)