Re: unignuplot-help

[Ralf Gesellensetter]
> maybe porting the application to C(++) could solve the
> problem. This, however, could mean forking the upstream (if there is
> any activity at all).

Before porting it to a new language, I recommend looking at the
existing alternatives for drawing graphs.  The WNPP request,
<URL:http://bugs.debian.org/302538>, should include information on why
unignuplut is a better graph drawing tool than the existing ones
already in debian.  My question about Grace is still not answered in
the WNPP request.

Besides, I believe the problems with unignuplot is in the program
logic, not the language.  I've seen the same problems with file
handling and other issues implemented in any language, also C and C++.
Moving to a new language will not solve them.