Re: Some notes on the next generation LTSP (getting LTSP into Debian/main)

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> It also need some adjustment for the kernel used on the clients, as
> it uses unionfs and also need to handle NFS root file system.

I asked on #debian-kernel about unionfs, and Christoph Hellwig claimed
that "unionfs is broken and a mess", as it is "oopsable, wrong
interface and the code is a total mess".  He also said "we'll
hopefully get working unionmounts upstream this year".  He provided
<URL:http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/pipermail/unionfs/2005-July/> with
background information on the problems with unionfs.

So perhaps unionfs isn't the best option for the next generation LTSP?