italc and other packages

Hi

italc was discussed in the .org proposal thread, but i like the discussion of
this thread and i don't want to disturb it so I start a new (small) one :)

Some of you wonder why italc is under the maintainance of Debian Edu
Developers .
Well Florian Ragwitz and me debianized it and we wanted to keep it under svn
and we worked on it, because there was a real demand for it by many
administrators (I hate to use it as a big brother software, i like to use it
for teaching, so please keep this in mind).
So we decided to put ourselves as uploaders and use Debian Edu Developers for
maintainer-field.
Well we can change this in the next upload.
What is your opinion? Should we also maintain general applications, as we did
with kgeography and italc, or shall we only maintain "skolelinux native"
packages with Debian Edu Developers???

I personally prefer to have the chance to decide it during the debianization,
maybe it is really useful for skolelinux (and of course for debian) so we can
maintain it under Debian Edu Developers.
But i am only one of the whole community, so please give some statements.

Greetings
Steffen