Re: About cvs for french dev.

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 02:15:22PM +0100, Benjamin Sonntag wrote:

> The french team who is developping skolelinux since 2005-05 has no cvs
> for now.
>
> I joined the team on 2005-11 and convinced them to use cvs for our
> sources. cool idea huh ?
>
> Do you think it is possible to have a dedicated cvs module in your
> debian-edu cvs server for the french project, or do you think we'd
> rather use our own cvs in France (we can administrate a local version of
> course) ? We want to store our specific packages sources in this cvs and
> the cd builder scripts too.
>
> We also want to use some scripts to send a mail when a commit is sent to
> the repository so that our french server can do nightly builds and so
> that our mailing list can receive cvs commit warning messages.
>
> What is your opinion and what solution do you prefer ?

Hi!

First I have to admit that I might have missed some of the emails
regarding the French project to this list. But I have one question
that I hope you can answer to give me a clearer picture of the
situation.

How come you build your own CD, have your own sources for packages and
so on? Isn't it possible for you to cooperate with us on the
Skolelinux-CD, SVN-archives on svn.debian.org and
developer.skolelinux.no, and bugtracker? I believe we would be able to
make a better product if we stoped all this "double-work" and started
to work in the same direction on the same product.

This is not ment as criticism, but as questions because I probably
have missed the answers earlier on.

- Werner